AGE GROUP I
The AGE GROUP I and AGE GROUP II levels are designed to give swimmers 9-years old and older a positive and technically sound experience on a swim team. These levels are designed to appropriately challenge your child depending on his or her experience in the sport of swimming as well as develop more advanced competitive swimming training skills.
The guidelines listed below are the standards that need to be met in order to participate in Age Group I
Guidelines for Age Group I Swimmers
Age Group I members are experienced swimmers, 9-years old and older. They are legal in the 4 competitive strokes and able to swim and kick 100 yards in each of the 4 strokes without stopping or assistance of any kind.
They will also regularly demonstrate the skills necessary to compete in the sport of swimming such as working with teammates, listening to and obeying coaches, learning and smiling a lot!
Members of Age Group I must meet the following criteria:
- Legally swim and kick 100 yards in 4 different strokes without any stopping/assistance
- All Legal turns
- Faster than a 2:00.00 in 100 yd IM
- Master bilateral breathing (every 3/5/7…etc)
- Shallow starts from Blocks
- Attend three to four 90-minute practices offered each week