AGE GROUP II
The AGE GROUP I and AGE GROUP II levels are designed to give swimmers 9-years old and older a positive and technically sound experience on a swim team. These levels are designed to appropriately challenge your child depending on his or her experience in the sport of swimming as well as develop more advanced competitive swimming training skills.
The guidelines listed below are the standards that need to be met in order to participate in Age Group II
Requirements for Age Group II Swimmers
Age Group II members are experienced swimmers 11-years old and older. They are legal in the 4 competitive strokes and able to swim and kick 100 yards in each of the 4 strokes without stopping or assistance of any kind. They will also regularly demonstrate the skills necessary to compete in the sport of swimming such as working with teammates, listening to and obeying coaches, learning and smiling a lot! Racing strategies and techniques learned in previous swimming experience are expected to be practiced routinely, and more advanced strategies and tactics required in the Senior teams will be introduced.
Members of Age Group II must meet the following criteria:
- Legally swim and kick 100 yards in 4 different strokes without any stopping/assistance
- Swim 10 x 50 @ 1:00
- Faster than 1:40.00 in 100 yd IM
- Faster than 3:10.00 in 200 yd IM
- Attend four to five 90-minute practices offered each week
- Swimmers in this group will be required to compete in the following events;
– 200 butterfly, 200 backstroke, 200 breaststroke
– 400 IM
– 500 & 1000 freestyle